Sales & Marketing Intern
Internship | Rochester, NY, USA | Business Development
Interns at Perdix Software work daily alongside existing staff members to develop and execute sales and marketing initiatives. The internship program is an in-depth learning experience in the areas of sales, marketing, project management, and software engineering.
You’ll help set appointments, go on sales calls with us, and create “buzz” for the company on social and other media – all while learning sound business practices and other intangibles you will need to succeed in the professional arena after you graduate.
Internships begin as a purely educational endeavor. At the conclusion of the internship, Perdix Software selects the best interns for possible future paid work, including equity ownership in the company.
What we are looking for:
- A passion for doing things the right way.
A defendable opinion on what comprises the “right way” is a requirement of the job.
- A keen eye for interaction, design, and finishing touches.
- A sense of humor and/or an ability to convincingly simulate a sense of humor.
- An eagerness to work on a product that can forever change the face of manufacturing.
- A perfectionist who still understands deadlines and compromise.
- Excitement for our company and what we are trying to achieve
- Someone who understands that startups mean long nights and ramen now, in exchange for vacation and filet mignon later.
What your day will look like:
- Brief daily meeting to sync with small cross-functional team (scrum).
- Go off and work hard on current projects, while being actively mentored by other team members in the company.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge.
Even though this particular internship is not in software development directly, you will have the opportunity to shadow our development team and learn about the processes involved in building software!
- At the end of the day, sync up directly with the CEO to ensure that your educational goals are being met
- Basic working proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to learn a new piece of software quickly, and teach it to others
- Empathy: Able to put yourself in the customer’s shoes, and internalize their goals as your own
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and follow-up skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
Optional, but a major plus:
- Basic understanding of software development concepts
- Experience with social media marketing, such as Facebook ads, Google AdWords, and the like
- Internships start unpaid
- At the conclusion of the Internship, you may be offered a part- or full-time position with a meaningful piece of equity and/or cash compensation
- Please send anything you feel best represents who you are and what you do (resume, FOSS projects, whatever…) directly to CEO Steve Smith. email@example.com
- Any questions, you can email or call (585) 471-6800 x101
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
If you’re qualified, we’ll interview you.
If you’re the most qualified person we interview, we’ll hire you.
Not much else matters.